Template Zip File Download
Unless otherwise specified, your free website template zip file download should contain at least the following items:
- index.htm — This is the actual template. You will edit the HTML source code in this file to turn the template into your own personalized web page.
- main.css — This is the external CSS file to render the presentational aspects of your web template like backgrounds, text color, alignment, the whole shebang. Remember to always keep this file in the same directory as
index.htm. Don't edit this file if you don't know what you're doing!
- temp-header-bg.gif OR temp-header-bg.jpg — This is the temporary header background. This has a generic logo embedded in it for demonstrational purposes (e.g., "Your Logo Here" or "Company Name"). The extracted contents of your zip file may also include a number of other essential background graphics in either
.jpg file format. Remember to keep all these files in the same directory as
- add-logo.psd, add-logo.pspimage — These are 'workable' header background files. These are exactly the same as temp-header-bg.gif/jpg (see above) without the embedded generic logo. These files will allow you to use either Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro respectively to properly embed your own website logo into the header background graphic.
- add-logo.gif OR add-logo.jpg — This is a 'workable' header background file. This is exactly the same as temp-header-bg.gif/jpg (see above) without the embedded generic logo. This file will allow you to use any graphics editor to properly embed your own website logo into the header background graphic.
All my free website templates
can be downloaded by simply clicking on the 'Download' link located to the left of each template thumbnail screenshot. After downloading, just double-click on your templateXX.zip file to unpack it using your default zip file program (Windows XP has a built-in zip file utility).
Don't have a zip file program?
You can download one of the following free zip file programs: